momcig

momlbs;

run;

and instead of the (truncated) output as is:

BC WT:

YEAR

(SUDAAN

NEST

VARIABLE)    Variable    Label                                                 N

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1013

GEST_WK     Gestational Age                                    1016

PNC_MTH     Month of First Prenatal Care Visit                 1014

MAT_AGE     Maternal Age                                       1017

PRE_LB      Number of Previous Live Births                     1016

OTH_TERM    Pregnancy History – Other Terminations?            1016

GRAM        Birthweight                                        1017

MOMCIG      Number of Cigarettes Per Day                       1016

MOMLBS      Maternal Weight Gain                               1009

2007    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1333

GEST_WK     Gestational Age                                    1336

PNC_MTH     Month of First Prenatal Care Visit                 1329

MAT_AGE     Maternal Age                                       1336

PRE_LB      Number of Previous Live Births                     1336

OTH_TERM    Pregnancy History – Other Terminations?            1336

GRAM        Birthweight                                        1336

MOMCIG      Number of Cigarettes Per Day                       1336

MOMLBS      Maternal Weight Gain                               1327

2008    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1196

Could I get the data for pnc_vst, for instance, arranged together for years 2006-2008 and then the data for gest_wk, etc.

kinda like:

2006    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1013

2007    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1333

2008    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1196

Maybe via outputting the data and manipulating it - but any shortcut with proc surveymeans?

Contributor

proc surveymeans and domain - order of output

Using ODS output and resorting wasn't too painful.  Unless there's a more stylish way - that'll work.

PROC Star

I'm not familiar enough with the procedure to know if there is a difference between the use of domain vs the use of strata.  In the following, I used the data from http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_surveymeans_...

and included a stacking option and strata rather than domain. 

It appears to provide at least the format that wanted.

proc surveymeans  data=IceCreamStudy Nobs  mean STDERR sumwgt stacking     ;

weight Weight;

*domain nest_yr;

strata nest_yr / list;

cluster StudyGroup;

var

Spending

Group;

run;

Contributor

Thank you.  Seems the output I created from printing parts of the saved ODS table suited my 'boss' (for once) - so I'm leaving it so.

Super User

Use output statement to save your this output, then use where variable='PNC_VST' to filter obs.

Ksharp

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation