momcig

momlbs;

run;

and instead of the (truncated) output as is:

BC WT:

YEAR

(SUDAAN

NEST

VARIABLE)    Variable    Label                                                 N

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1013

GEST_WK     Gestational Age                                    1016

PNC_MTH     Month of First Prenatal Care Visit                 1014

MAT_AGE     Maternal Age                                       1017

PRE_LB      Number of Previous Live Births                     1016

OTH_TERM    Pregnancy History – Other Terminations?            1016

GRAM        Birthweight                                        1017

MOMCIG      Number of Cigarettes Per Day                       1016

MOMLBS      Maternal Weight Gain                               1009

2007    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1333

GEST_WK     Gestational Age                                    1336

PNC_MTH     Month of First Prenatal Care Visit                 1329

MAT_AGE     Maternal Age                                       1336

PRE_LB      Number of Previous Live Births                     1336

OTH_TERM    Pregnancy History – Other Terminations?            1336

GRAM        Birthweight                                        1336

MOMCIG      Number of Cigarettes Per Day                       1336

MOMLBS      Maternal Weight Gain                               1327

2008    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1196

Could I get the data for pnc_vst, for instance, arranged together for years 2006-2008 and then the data for gest_wk, etc.

kinda like:

2006    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1013

2007    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1333

2008    PNC_VST     Number of Prenatal Care Visits                     1196

Maybe via outputting the data and manipulating it - but any shortcut with proc surveymeans?

4 REPLIES 4
anjgupta
Calcite | Level 5

Using ODS output and resorting wasn't too painful.  Unless there's a more stylish way - that'll work.

art297
Opal | Level 21

I'm not familiar enough with the procedure to know if there is a difference between the use of domain vs the use of strata.  In the following, I used the data from http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_surveymeans_...

and included a stacking option and strata rather than domain. 

It appears to provide at least the format that wanted.

proc surveymeans  data=IceCreamStudy Nobs  mean STDERR sumwgt stacking     ;

weight Weight;

*domain nest_yr;

strata nest_yr / list;

cluster StudyGroup;

var

Spending

Group;

run;

anjgupta
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you.  Seems the output I created from printing parts of the saved ODS table suited my 'boss' (for once) - so I'm leaving it so.

Ksharp
Super User

Use output statement to save your this output, then use where variable='PNC_VST' to filter obs.

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation