BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kayec
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am a relatively new to SAS but am trying to run a GLIMMIX model to take account of the flexible family (link) options not available in R....

I have a longitudinal dataset of ~98,000 observations on ~30,000 individuals (user). The data is unbalanced as some individuals only have 1 observation and some have many over the period of observation.

The outcome variable is continuous and non-normal (A). There is up to 6 independent variables which are categorical or continuous (eg X).

The code I am running is

proc glimmix data=work.P3 ;

model A = X /

s dist=expo link=log ;

random intercept / subject=user ;

run ;

When I run this base model I get the following issues:

ERROR: Integer overflow on computing amount of memory required.

ERROR: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of insufficient memory

Can someone advise what I should do to overcome this in SAS.

Many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

My first suggestion would be to Google Liang Xie and Larry Madden's paper "%HPGLIMMIX: A High Performance SAS Macro for GLMM Estimation,"  Journal of Statistical Software, 58(8).  A copy of the macro can be obtained at http://www.jstatsoft.org/v58/i08.

My second suggestion is to check the available memory for your instance of SAS.  You may have to step up the memsize= global option.

If neither of these work, you may need to sample and bootstrap your estimates in a model-averaging context.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation