BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jdub
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a variable (agegrp) that is an age interval identifier.  Values of agegrp would look something like 14-18, 19-21, etc.  My second variable is a count of employment (emp) that corresponds to agegrp identifiers.  I am trying to create a histogram that is an age distribution of employment.  I'd like to graph an age distribution with each series the share of total employment x agegrp.  On the y-axis would be percent of total employment and the agegrp identifiers on the x-axis.  The code I have so far is:

proc gchart data=manu_agedist(where=(time="1995:1"));

vbar agegrp / dsicrete type=percent

sumvar=emp sum;

run;

This code yields counts of employment on the y-axis and agegrps on the x-axis.  Does anyone have advice on how to fix my code so I can graph an age distribution with each series the share of total employment x agegrp?

1 REPLY 1
DF
Fluorite | Level 6 DF
Fluorite | Level 6

Without seeing your source data I've made some assumptions about what it looks like, but the below should do what you need:

data manu_agedist;

format agegrp $10.;

format emp 8.;

infile datalines dsd;

input agegrp $ emp;

datalines;

18-25,500

26-29,250

30-36,333

37-44,123

45-54,999

55-64,40

65+,5

;

run;

proc gchart data=manu_agedist;

vbar agegrp / discrete type=percent freq=emp;

run;

proc tabulate data=manu_agedist;

class agegrp;

var emp;

table agegrp, colpctsum*emp;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation