BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
comeon2012
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

When I did panel data analysis like below:

proc sort data=al_us_l_r_l_res_sdm_bpres_sa_f;

by ds_code yrmth;

run;

proc panel data=al_us_l_r_l_res_sdm_bpres_sa_f;

id ds_code yrmth;

model wr = wrds_1 wwcor_kz_1 wwcor_kz_1wrds_1 rolling_stdm wwroa_1_d wlnmv_1 lnbm_1 wmomentum /FIXONE;

run;

there is error message like below:

ERROR: Not enough observations with non-missing model variables for model statement  in cross section DS_Code=130286.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

As I checked the dataset, there was no non-missing values for DS_Code=130286 (see the attached file). Is this the reason that caused the error? Do I need to exclude the observations for DS_Code=130286 to proceed the panel data analysis? If yes, since there are some many identities (DS_Code) in my original dataset, is there any easy way to exclude the observations for these identities (e.g., if there is no non-missing valuse for any variable of an identity, then exclude these identities in the panel analysis)? Will excluding these identities resolve my problem?

Any advice will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
comeon2012
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks SteveDenham.

rolling_stdm is not the only variable that has missing values for every observation. Some other variables also might only have missing values for a certain identity (cross section). So I just delete all the observations that has missing value even only for a variable. By doing this, my problem seems to be resolved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The first 177 records have nothing but missing values for the right-hand side variables.  While that may not be the whole of the problem, it is a good place to start.  Also rolling_stdm is missing for every observation.  The latter is probably the main source of your problem.  Restate your model, excluding this variable and see what happens.

Steve Denham

comeon2012
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks SteveDenham.

rolling_stdm is not the only variable that has missing values for every observation. Some other variables also might only have missing values for a certain identity (cross section). So I just delete all the observations that has missing value even only for a variable. By doing this, my problem seems to be resolved.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation