BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

I'm helping a colleague with an issue they are having with having SAS create the proper page breaks for a text file.

They are opening the text file in Microsoft Word and the data crosses pages.

What is the best way to approach this issue to where each set of data is on a separate page?  I started to look at creating the report with data _null_ and use the _page_ in a put statement but that doesn't split it correctly.  Should I use the pagesize option?  If so what should the value be?

How to handle over lapping of data on multiple pages? 

Thank you for any help you can give me.put

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Are you just dumping the data or are you generating a report (using PROC PRINT or PROC REPORT)?

If you want to generate a WORD file then look at ODS RTF or similar functionality to generate a file that is already formatted for WORD.

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for you reply.  In this case I did eventually do an ODS report.

Thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation