Help using Base SAS procedures

need your help

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

need your help

Hi all,

I have one table employee which contain name, loan, amount, date of loan(mm/dd/yyyy) variables.

I want to check the persons who had taken loan on some date(like 23-dec-2011). Aslo how to write macro if i run the program daily

proc sql;

select name, loan, date from employee

where datepart(date of loan) as loan= '23-dec-2011'      format=date9.

I am getting error

Advance thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-03-2012 12:15 PM
PROC Star

need your help

There are a couple of reasons why you would be getting errors:

First, is date a datetime variable?  If it is just a date variable, then you wouldn't need the datepart function.

Second, you are missing one character from the date and you have some superfluous characters. It should read:

'23DEC2011'd

Third you specify a non-existent variable, namely "date of loan".  Wasn't it just "date"?

As for building a macro, if you are going to run it every day, why not just specify the date in the where statement relative to the current date.  e.g., use the today() function or, if you want it to be x number of days from the current date,

where date=today()-8 (or whatever x is).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-03-2012 12:15 PM
PROC Star

need your help

There are a couple of reasons why you would be getting errors:

First, is date a datetime variable?  If it is just a date variable, then you wouldn't need the datepart function.

Second, you are missing one character from the date and you have some superfluous characters. It should read:

'23DEC2011'd

Third you specify a non-existent variable, namely "date of loan".  Wasn't it just "date"?

As for building a macro, if you are going to run it every day, why not just specify the date in the where statement relative to the current date.  e.g., use the today() function or, if you want it to be x number of days from the current date,

where date=today()-8 (or whatever x is).

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation