BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EhsanKhedive
Calcite | Level 5

I have a 3*6 (3 nitrogen rates and 6 rice varieties)  factorial design and I don't know how to make any contrast I need. Ive looked up SAS/STAT help but didn't find the answer. The questions are as follow:

comparison between Linear interaction of nitrogen with variety 6 vs. other varieties. ie. NL*(V6 vs. others). (NL means the linear interaction with Nitrogen factor).

NL*

NL*(V2 vs. V5)

NL*(V1 vs. V3 vs. V4)

Quadratic interactions are same as linear:

NQ*(V6 vs. others)

NQ*

NQ*(V2 vs. V5)

NQ*(V1 vs. V3 vs. V4)

The data are attached.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Some comments:

PROC GLM does not correctly calculate standard errors for split plot and strip plot designs.  Let me repeat that.  PROC GLM does not correctly calculate standard errors for split plot and strip plot designs.

Get a copy of SAS for Mixed Models, 2nd ed. by Littell et al., to see code for PROC MIXED for this design, and many examples of contrasts.

If you fit your data with a mixed model, consider using LSMESTIMATE statements (either in PROC GLIMMIX or PROC PLM), and it becomes straightforward to compare lsmeans of interest.

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Some comments:

PROC GLM does not correctly calculate standard errors for split plot and strip plot designs.  Let me repeat that.  PROC GLM does not correctly calculate standard errors for split plot and strip plot designs.

Get a copy of SAS for Mixed Models, 2nd ed. by Littell et al., to see code for PROC MIXED for this design, and many examples of contrasts.

If you fit your data with a mixed model, consider using LSMESTIMATE statements (either in PROC GLIMMIX or PROC PLM), and it becomes straightforward to compare lsmeans of interest.

Steve Denham

EhsanKhedive
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much, I found my way out with this book.

Best Regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation