BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi

i am planning to move sas reports from one operating system to another...

can somebody help me out...

thanks in advance

vamsi
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
well ... i am using SAS MANAGEMENT CONSOLE TO DEFINE A LIBRARY... and then use SAS INFORMATION MAP STUDIO to create the map file...which later is used by SAS WEB REPORT STUDIO to create reports....

now i want the final set of reports...to be able to run in different operating system ( with SAS installed )...

just for ur information... i havent used any of BASE SAS programming stuff...

vamsi Message was edited by: vamsikrishna
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Generally speaking, when you use the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform (which is what your posting suggests), your system administrators worked with their SAS representative to define a PLAN for your site that included the operating system location of the workspace servers, the stored process servers, the web and middle tier of software and the metadata server. Once that configuration is in place and working and you are generating reports, it would be unusual to suddenly move a piece of the platform to another operating system without consulting your system administrator.

Reports that you generate using Web Report Studio can be scheduled to run using the scheduler portion of the platform, and, once run, the results can be stored in the Xythos storage location for subsequent retrieval in Web Report Studio or the Information Delivery Portal (or other client apps that can read the SAS Report XML files.)

If what you want to do is reconfigure any piece of your Enterprise Intelligence Platform, you should work with your system administrator.

If you want to turn your Web Report Studio Report into a batch job or a stored process, then you would have to learn SAS coding methods -- all of that BASE SAS programming stuff.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation