BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
srikala
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

See the attachment of log, from the ODS statement the 3 datasets are generating Cross,Fe and diff10.

The variable CNT has value of 0 and hence 'FE', 'Diff10' are giving warnings. 

There is no other option to consider Zeros ,as i already given 'Zeros' in weight statement.

I have no problem with results/Outputs. Is there any option to suppress the warnings in log?

Thanks in Advance.

Srikala

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User
proc freq data=sashelp.class ;
table sex*age/chisq NOWARN;   /* CHISQ(WARN=NOLOG)  */
run;
srikala
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sharp, Thanks for the reply.

But my methods are fisher exact and riskdiff, not Chisq. NOWARN option will not work for me.

Ksharp
Super User

IF yours is 2x2 contingency table ,CHISQ will automatically generate FISHER EXACT test.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The warning is there because it is not clear whether a zero entry is a STRUCTURAL zero (eg, the number of men how were pregnant) or a SAMPLING zero (eg, the number of men in the study who had breast cancer).  The EXACT statement assumes that it is a sampling zero and considers tables for which that cell is nonzero when computing the p-value. 

More about EXACT tests in PROC FREQ.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation