BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cecily
Calcite | Level 5

My University has bought the SAS for us. So we install SAS in our own computer by using new SID. Now I would like to install SAS Clinical Standards Toolkit. How could I install that? I found a document, it discribed how to install SAS 9.1 and also gave a zip"CST-SAS913-windows.zip". But I think that doesn't work for me. So How to install SAS 9.4 with the latest SAS clinical Standard toolkit?

6 REPLIES 6
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Not knowing how you have SAS installed, its not really easy to say.  I would liase with the people who setup SAS at your place.  You may need this page:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/cdisc/cst/

As for the toolkit, I have not used it other than testing, and not heard of anyone in the industry using it.   You may be better off learning XML, and the CDISC models.

cecily
Calcite | Level 5

Oh!Thank you for your reply!

As you said,"You may be better off learning XML, and the CDISC models."Could you please tell me which one is usual method in pharm industry to build CDISC model?Implementing the CDISC SDTM with Base SAS ?

Implementing CDISC SDTM with the SAS Clinical Standards Toolkit and Base SAS(This one is not an usual way,Am I right?)

Implementing the CDISC SDTM with SAS Clnical Data Integration?

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well, each company has their own way of doing it.  The basis for CDISC models is XML, which is a text markup language.  Hence I would recommend you learn that as pretty much everything you do there will be XML based.  One method I have seen used a lot is to have a spec, a mapping document in Excel.  This is the equivalent of the define.xml document, and that is used as a basis to write code to map data sources.  Not sure if your creating the models?  

Anyways, the metadata - i.e. your Excel or define.xml which defines the model's structure - is the key element.  There are numerous metadata solutions out there, Entimo is a SAS based one, there is Formedix etc.  Management of that is key.  Once you have that, you can start automating mapping programs etc. although thats a bit more advanced.

Actually I see your creating them, so you can write a SAS program which creates a dataset as the model dictates from the "spec".  For the XML part, I would have a small simple generic data _null_ step to write the data out as markedup text.

cecily
Calcite | Level 5

What you said are very helpful to me ! Thank you!

I am a graduate student now in the university. SInce I plan to be sas programmer in phram industry, it seems that I have to learn and do some practice on CDISC. Now I am so confused how to get an experience on CDISC. I see SAS programmer is required to have an experience on SDTM ..ect.  So Could you please give me some advice? How could I find some matierials to learn that by myself? I am a quick learner. 

I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you again for replying me !!

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, never really had to go learn it as just picked it up on the job for me.  CDISC do courses around the world, and there are other companies out there that do training.  There are two parts to learn, and its not particularly dificult:

- Data structure.  For the most part this is still in a dataset format (although eventually it will move to XML).  If you look on the website, or get via the university, the Implementation Guides for the SDTM model, there is a lot of information within there.  It details domains (a bit like datasets), what variables each domain contains, what type of data etc.  

- Specs.  These detail your strcutures, for example database structure, SDTM model structure, and can detail how you get from one to another.  This is the key idea for transparency, so this data element was captured and can be traced through from capture to reporting.

So the first part to really understand is the domanis and their structure, I would focus on the SDTM as that is well advanced now.  

Never tried this, but there is CDISC online courses:

https://secure.trainingcampus.net/uas/modules/trees/windex.aspx?rx=cdisc.trainingcampus.net

And more information:

http://www.greatonlinetraining.com/cdisc-online-training/

cecily
Calcite | Level 5

Oh! Thank you very much! I will have a try

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation