BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bal23
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

after merging, with proc sql, different selection generate different numbers of obs

i want to compare the difference of these two datasets, i would prefer to have a new dataset, such as out=

proc compare base=emp95_byidnum compare=emp96_byidnum
             out=result outnoequal outbase outcomp outdif
     noprint;
   id idnum;
run;

it seems that noprint option does not work

any advice, i do not want to compare the difference of these variables, but really want to see different obs whether they have any differences in dates (two variables, dayin and dayout) only

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Please describe what you mean by "noprint option does not work". Since the example code you show is from the online documentation if you create the datasets for the example there is no printed output.

Please provide an example of some input data sets, preferrably as datastep code, and what you desire for the output.

kitharington
Calcite | Level 5

When used with the TRANSPOSE option, ALLVARS displays unequal values in context with the values for other matching variables. If you omit the TRANSPOSE option, then ALLVARS invokes the ALLOBS option and displays the values for all matching observations and variables.

Unix Shell Scripting Training | Angularjs Training Training | Informatica Training | Tableau Training | Hadoop Training

Bal23
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
proc transpose data=toprint out=transp;
by unique _obs_;
id _type_;
run;
proc print data=transp(where=(base^=compare));
run;

i saw the similar one online. actually i only it lists obs with their ids

should i modify as

id id?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation