BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
venkatnaveen
Obsidian | Level 7

I need one help please ,to copy SAS logs from one location to different location on a daily basis which I will schedule in control -M.but I have SAS logs in 25 AIX servers and need to copy in single location in AIX.can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance .

4 REPLIES 4
art297
Opal | Level 21

One possibility would be to use the altlog option in all of the configuration files on all 25 machines, creating the name to reflect a combination of the username, datetime and, say, a 10 digit random number.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

venkatnaveen, You are describing something that is common to a SIEM process. That is normally coming into some requirements and implementation when there is a RBAC process.

Too often just some partial statements are made causing even more trouble by confusing discussions.

With 25 AIX servers, I hope you are indicating those are VM's and not bare-irons, there is some advanced implementation but is probably missing the grid concept and going for every department having his own machine. Please describe that.

Within the EIP, Enterprise Intelligence Platform, you have the SAS metadataserver and much more. Logging is part of this architecture using Arm log4j and more common interfaces. The SAS APM tool and eventmanager have partially logging and monitoring management (yes partially). When you are having SAS/connect the data of those could be scripted transferred to any other location.

For SIEM tools like SPLUNK are often used and accepted by the SOC-teams as analytitcs and BI tooling. Wondering why SAS is not used at SOC-teams (SOC Security Operations Center).

---->-- ja karman --<-----
venkatnaveen
Obsidian | Level 7

Actually this is question posed in SAS Analysts forum in facebook.

I will tell them the answer and let the group know it

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Run your SAS jobs in a way that each batch job generates a distinct log (jobname.date_time_processnumber.log).

Then you can copy all *.date_*.log files for a given date in a shell script, using sftp for the transfer.

Install that shell script on all your AIX servers, and have it run by the scheduler.

Aside from running the SAS jobs with the correct -log option, nothing needs to be done in SAS. Handling files like that is best done on the OS level.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation