Help using Base SAS procedures

how do i export to a sas7dat file

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

how do i export to a sas7dat file

I have a dataset I save as

PROC export

outfile="\\abccsrv1\dept\IM\Information and Service Requests\irsas14$dir\IR14006\Vers_1\Deliverables\ir14006.xls" dbms=XLS replace

2003;

;

how would I save as a sas7dat?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-26-2014 03:51 AM
Super User

Re: how do i export to a sas7dat file

You don't need to export it, you already have a .sas7bdat in SAS. If you want to copy it somewhere, assign a library there and use proc copy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

You need proc import.

Frequent Contributor

Re: how do  i export to a sas7dat file

do you have an example proc export seems counter intuitive since I an creating a dataset

Super User

Re: how do  i export to a sas7dat file

In SAS go to File>Import Data and click through selection, at the end it will give you the option to save the code to a file.

Solution
‎03-26-2014 03:51 AM
Super User

You don't need to export it, you already have a .sas7bdat in SAS. If you want to copy it somewhere, assign a library there and use proc copy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Super User
Super User

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

As KurtBremser has stated you should have the data somewhere, and your proc export is incomplete:

PROC export

/* Missing */  data=... /* this statement would tell you where the dataset is, if you are using the functionality of processing a previous dataset (and I would still recommend putting the data= statement in regardless for clarity - then look at that datastep */

outfile="\\abccsrv1\dept\IM\Information and Service Requests\irsas14$dir\IR14006\Vers_1\Deliverables\ir14006.xls" dbms=XLS replace

2003;

;

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation