Help using Base SAS procedures

help with configuring SAS

N/A

help with configuring SAS

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with SAS 9.2, having upgraded from 9.1. When I was on 9.1, I would double click on a SAS program and with would open up for me in the program editor.

Now, when I double click on a program, SAS runs it and creates a text file in the same directory (it looks like the log file). I want to change it back so that when I double click on it, it'll open up in the program editor for me.

I'm running on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: help with configuring SAS

Posted in reply to deleted_user
The SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website has this usage note on the topic - at the bottom is where Windows 7 is discussed, however it still involves using a SAS-supplied utility to deal with file-types and their default launch associations.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Suggested Google advanced search argument, this topic / post:

sas file extension windows 7 site:sas.com

Search Results revealed this match:

Usage Note 32464: Registering file types via the SAS Filetype Registration Utility for SAS® 9.2 Phase 1 and SAS® Enterprise Guide®
http://support.sas.com/kb/32/464.html
N/A

Thank you very much for your reply and help.

Looking into your suggestion, it appears I have phase 2 installed and don't need the file type registration utility. Following the instructions for Phase 2, I see that I can only select/unselect files that sas uses. I can't actually select how SAS opens them. In addition, there appears to be an error in the registry when I try to make changes and click OK.

Do you happen to have other suggestions?
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Posted in reply to deleted_user
Yes - at this point, you would be best served by contacting SAS tech support, opening a "track" for your problem/situation. The bottom area of the SAS forums discussion website contains a link to open a support track.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation