BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all ,
Please tell me the syntax of gregorian date format..

Thanks in advance..
2 REPLIES 2
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello AR.SAS,

I am not quit sure what are you asking for. There are formats and informats. May be the most comman format is date7:

format date date7.;

How would lyou like to use the format?

Sincerely,
SPR
Sandhya
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,

Gregorian Calendar is the one which is in use now.
Refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar

If you are working with the Historical data, you have to take into account when the country(whose historical data you are dealing with) adopted the Gregorian calendar. Most of Europe adopted from 1582 but UK and USA adopted it from 1752. Before that, I think it is Julian Calendar, but you might have to do some R & D.

All the date formats in SAS refers to Gregorian Calendar.

This is my understanding of Dates and Calendar. If it is not please let me know.

Thanks,
Sandhya.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation