BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aarony
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a firm-date panel and wanted to generate predict value (beta hat) for s_score at the date level. So far, I have the below and wanted to ask you if you knew how to do this.

proc sort data=b5; by date; run;

proc reg data=b5; by date; model mtb = size roa s_score/adjrsq;

output out=o1 p=p residual=r; run; quit

when i do this, i get a p value next to every single firm date obs.

essentially, i want a b to s_score at the date level.

Thank you in advance,

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You should also have parameter estimate for each date as well in the Parameter estimates.

Do you mean that you want the parameter in an output data set? That would be from using the OUTEST= option on the Proc Reg statement.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

To expand on @ballardw's reply, the statistics that you are looking for are called "parameter estimates." That should help you with internet searches.

In addition to using the OUTEST= option, you should add the NOPRINT option to the PROC REG statement so that the screen is not filled with hundreds of tables/graphs that you don't need to see. The following statements create an output data set called ParamEst that contains all parameter estimates. You can use a WHERE clause to restrict the output it you only want the estimates for s_score.

proc reg data=b5 outest=ParamEst noprint; 
   by date; 
   model mtb = size roa s_score / adjrsq;
quit; 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation