BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EvaVDG
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all,

When I run a macro, I often get the error message 'user does not have appropriate authorization level for library WORK'.

Does anyone has had a similar problem and knows how to solve this?

Many thanks,

Eva

5 REPLIES 5
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

not the usual.  You probably need to provide the log to show the error in context.

EvaVDG
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for you response but the log is not very enlightening. It simply states the error message I wrote and consequently states problems renaming datasets in the work library, which SAS cannot get access too so it places that file in temp...

Problem is that it doesn't happen allways but once in a while (and at the moment, I cannot get an error so no log to attach).

alisoft
Fluorite | Level 6

You need to modify the policies in SASWork folder.this depend in your setup..

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Now I am having the same problem. Yes, I have checked, I have write permission to the appropriate WORK folder.

If I run the same program and use a server location as my WORK folder, the problem goes away. But this is not a good solution to constantly be writing temporary files across the network to a server location.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

--
Paige Miller
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Okay, browsing the web using that new-fangled Google thing, I found the following solution which seems to have fixed the problem

http://support.sas.com/kb/40/459.html

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation