Help using Base SAS procedures

difference in evaluation/setting of macro variables between ADO iom.provider connection and local SAS

Contributor

difference in evaluation/setting of macro variables between ADO iom.provider connection and local SAS

Has anyone encountered the problem of slightly different evaluation of evaluation/setting of macro variables while submitting code to iom.provider in comparison to submitting code to normal/local SAS? I suppose iom.provider works more or less like as if it was iom.server - so i guess possible iom.server issues can be the same.

I have a macro that executes another macro with one optional variable. The issue appears when variable is null - during execution with local sas (enhanced editor window) macro set properly to null and in latter code properly evaluated. However, during execution using ADO and iom.provider macro is set not exactly to null and is not properly evaluated in latter lines of code - i tried all %qtrim, %trim etc but i can't get proper condition that would return true if value is null.

Is there a trick to ensure that all variables are coherent during both evecution methods?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation