BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nith
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I am trying create multiple excel outputs in same excel sheet in stored process.

1. i have created a prompt with static list and multiple values to populate.so, user can select one or more values from list and looking to provide an output in different tabs of single excel sheet from stored procedure or into multiple excel sheets for each selected value. How can do either of ways.

i tried using following format, but didnot work

ODS Tagsets.ExcelXP file='file-name.xml'

/*proc print code*/

ODS Tagsets.ExcelXP CLOSE;

how can i create multiple outputs..

Thanks

Ni

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I recommend you look at the Stored Process forum. There have been many postings over in that forum about using TAGSETS.EXCELXP. When you create a stored process and you run it from inside Excel, each stored process can either write to the current sheet in the current workbook, can write to a new sheet in the current workbook or can write to a new workbook. In order to create 2 sheets in a workbook you would have to run a stored process on the first sheet and then run a second stored process on the second sheet.

When you use Excel as your client application to run the stored process, the only results that Excel can "receive" are SAS Report XML results, HTML results and CSV results. So, when you are using the SAS Add-in for Microsoft office, you cannot run a stored process that uses TAGSETS.EXCELXP. The only client applications that can accept TAGSETS.EXCELXP output are the Stored Process Web Application; or the Information Delivery Portal.

I highly recommend that you search in the Stored Process forum for posts about TAGSETS.EXCELXP, instead of in the SAS Procedures forum.

cynthia

nith
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you cynthia, for guiding me to appropriate forum!! Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation