Help using Base SAS procedures

create a survival curve not using Lifetest but Phreg

Occasional Contributor

I have some questions about how to create survival curve when I consider some other covariates. Although I have referred to Example 64.1 (9.2 user guide), I also face some difficulty. In the example, there are only two interested covariates which are used to divide the two groups and are the category variables. If I have more than two covariates which include even up to 10 covariates or numerical variables, it is not easy to divide groups using the covariates. How should I create the survival curves when I consider much more covariates which include numerical variables?  please help me, thanks.

Occasional Contributor

no one can solve this problem?  I am disappointed

PROC Star

I think you are going to have to be more patient.  You are asking a question that requires an area of expertise that many of us don't have.  Conversely, many do, but may have other priorities over a weekend.

SAS Super FREQ

And, 2 other suggestions:

1) posting the question in the Statistical forum http://communities.sas.com/community/sas_statistical_procedures might garner more folks who use PHREG

and

2) looking at the PHREG documentation example, entitled "Example 66.8 Survivor Function Estimates for Specific Covariate Values"

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63962/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_phreg_sect05... might provide some PHREG code to try

cynthia

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

the example in the second suggestion is the same to Example 64.1 (9.2 user guide) mentioned above. So I will try the first suggestion to post my question in the statistical forum. thanks for your help.

xianwei

Occasional Contributor

thank you for your reply.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation