BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
podarum
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,  I'm trying to connect an ODBC table to a local table.. so if I have 2000 record in the local table, I would expect to match to the ODBC table and get 2000 records from it.  here is the code I have (below) but for some reason I get way more than 2000 records..since the ODBC table has 50,000... what am I doing wrong?  thanks

rsubmit;

PROC SQL;

connect to teradata(user=&user. password=&password. Mode=Teradata tdpid=sdf);

create table A.Data (compress=yes reuse=yes) as

(select a.v_respn_no, a.*, b.*

from A.Local_Table a inner join

(Select * from connection to teradata    

(select * from ODBC.Table2      where l_r_id = 'y')) b

on a.evnt_id = b.evnt_id and a.evnt_sys_id = b.evnt_sys__id

group by 1

);

quit;

endrsubmit;

1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

We can't tell just from the code why it didn't work; there could be a number of reasons.

One comment:   When you do a query that involves a local table and a database table, SAS brings the data from the database table over to the SAS server for the join; that can really hammer your performance.  If your teradata DBA will allow it, you could get much better through-put by uploading your IDs from a.local_table to the teradata server and do that part of the join there.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation