04-23-2013 04:32 AM
Thank you for looking into my topic
The other day I ran into a problem generating reports using proc print and proc gplot. I use the #byval(var) function to create the titles for the box plot for each by Group. Except for the first page, the function gets resolved on all pages. The first page just says:
#byval (monat) / #byval(jahr)
I researched the problem and it has been suggested that I use "options nobyline" which I already do.
Code's attached. Thanks in advance!
04-23-2013 09:43 AM
It seems to me that you are experiencing something like this 7456 - #BYVAL used in a TITLE statement in conjunction with PROC PRINT output displaysincorrect valu... only your behavior is with a different procedure and the first title is missing instead of the last title being missing. Because there is more than one Tech Support note on issues with #BYVAL, I would suggest that you open a track with Tech Support on this. You might have discovered a new twist of this problem and Tech Support are the only ones who can involve the developers if they need to.
04-23-2013 11:52 AM
Hi Cynthia, thank you for your response. I actually read that note earlier und figured it would have to somehow apply to the problem I'm encountering, except the first and not the last title is missing in my report (as you mentioned in your post).
Though opening a track is probably the right call, I just ended up using the byline statement instead.