BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
req41273
Quartz | Level 8

What is the correct Where expression to quickly and accurately find a name in the data while in the attached window?  Example, I need to find a provider name of Stallings...what expression would I type?  Please see attachment

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
req41273
Quartz | Level 8

What is the correct Where expression to quickly and accurately find a name in the data while in the attached window?  Example, I need to find a provider name of Stallings...what expression would I type?  Please see attachment

thanks

ballardw
Super User

Some things to you need to provide:

Is CASE important? Matching both Stallings and STALLINGS or not?

Is composite content important? Is  "JohnStallings" yes one word on purpose, supposed to be a match for "Stallings"?

Do you need to search more than one variable?

Please do not post identical posts on this forum. It generally will not get a quicker or better answer.

req41273
Quartz | Level 8

No, case is not important.  Only one variable and if it contains the letters stallings and nothing else or stallings and few letters  after it.

req41273
Quartz | Level 8

I did not intentionally post multiple times.  The system website did this.

req41273
Quartz | Level 8

thanks

Reeza
Super User
FYI - I've merged your posts, not sure why you have three identical ones.

Also, please just insert your image rather than have attachments. I can't download attachments anymore and many others can't either.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation