Help using Base SAS procedures

Transform/Pivot and Proc SQL

N/A

Transform/Pivot and Proc SQL

Hi,

Does anyone know whether Proc sql supports Transform/Pivot standard SQl statement. I did a simple test and the log showed "invalid statement". I am wondering if anyone knows something about it. Thanks.
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Transform/Pivot and Proc SQL

Posted in reply to deleted_user
Hi:
Is TRANSFORM/PIVOT something allowed in the ANSI-Standard or is it something that you can do specifically Oracle SQL or Access SQL??? It makes a difference because, generally, PROC SQL supports ANSI standard SQL syntax, as described here:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/59565/HTML/default/a002473705.htm

Some database vendors "extend" the SQL syntax to do special functions in their data base structure. If TRANSFORM/PIVOT is not ANSI standard, then PROC SQL probably does not support the use of that clause. I would recommend that you contact Tech Support for help (or the definitive answer) for this question.

cynthia
N/A

Re: Transform/Pivot and Proc SQL

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas
Cynthia,

Thanks for your quick reply. I went through SAS 9.2 Dcumentation for Proc SQL and didn't see transform/pivot in syntax session. I guess proc sql wouldn't support it. I will check with SAS tech support to verify it.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation