Help using Base SAS procedures

SurveyMeans: comparing similarity of sample to population

New Contributor

SurveyMeans: comparing similarity of sample to population

Could you assist me with a question about the use of the SAS SurveyMeans procedure? I am working with a set of categorical data for which I know the size and characteristics of the population. I am interested in comparing a set of sample data to the population to show whether the sample is a true representation of the population. The SAS SurveyMeans procedure seems to be a good choice. By entering the sample’s categorical data, SAS output gives the 95% confidence interval for a population of the size of the one to which I’m comparing the sample. I then check to see if the population proportion for each level in each category is within the confidence interval. If it is, I consider this to be evidence to support the hypothesis that the sample is a true representation of the population. If not, than the evidence rejects that hypothesis. However, I am not able to show confidence intervals for categories of variables where there are positive values in the population and zero values in the sample. Could you help me with this?

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation