BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

My Problem is........ am exporting proc report output to pdf by using ods statement.
In that PDF output, i am getting the some bold tables lines and some light lines. i just want to change that format to uniform i.e light lines. So what is the syntax for doing this?

kumar
6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
First of all, make sure you view your PDF at 100% zoom. Sometimes when the PDF zoom is less than 100%, you can have border lines looking thicker or thinner than you expect. That is a function of the zoom mode -- when you print or view at 100%, the lines are normal.

Another thing you can do is try different style templates:
[pre]
ods pdf file='xxx.pdf' style=journal;
... your proc report;
ods pdf close;
[/pre]

Journal is a very nice, crisp black and white style that a lot of my students prefer.

Last, but not least, you can alter the style of the table and the interior table lines:

[pre]
ods listing close;
ods pdf file='yyy.pdf';

proc report data=sashelp.class nowd
style(report)={bordercolor=cxdddddd
borderwidth=1pt
rules=all frame=box};
run;

ods pdf close;
[/pre]

The color "cxdddddd" is a hex color specification for a very light gray. Refer to this documentation site for more info on style attributes and their values:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/61723/HTML/default/a002972093.htm

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi cynthia,

i used all styles which are there in sas and also tried by using proc template as well. But there is no change, still i observed some bold and light lines.

as u said i zoomed that page to 100%..........

ok can u raun this code .....and u can observe some bold and light lines.....so i dont want both .......i need all bold or all light lines.
can u please give me some soln.
proc template;
define style Styles.journal;
/*parent = Styles.listing;*/
STYLE SystemTitle /
FONT_FACE = "Comic Sans MS"
FONT_SIZE = 5
FONT_WEIGHT = bold
FONT_STYLE = roman
FOREGROUND = midnightblue
BACKGROUND = white;
STYLE SystemFooter /
FONT_FACE = "Comic Sans MS"
FONT_SIZE = 2
FONT_WEIGHT = bold
FONT_STYLE = italic
BACKGROUND = white;
STYLE Header /
FONT_FACE = "Times New Roman"
FONT_SIZE = 4
FONT_WEIGHT = medium
FONT_STYLE = roman
BACKGROUND = white;
STYLE Data /
FONT_FACE = "Times New Roman"
FONT_SIZE = 2
FONT_WEIGHT = medium
FONT_STYLE = roman
FOREGROUND = black
BACKGROUND = white;
STYLE Table /
FOREGROUND = black
BACKGROUND = white
CELLSPACING = 0
CELLPADDING = 3
FRAME = box
RULES = all;
STYLE Body /
FOREGROUND = black
BACKGROUND = white
TOPMARGIN=1in
BOTTOMMARGIN=1in
LEFTMARGIN = 1in
RIGHTMARGIN = 1in;
STYLE SysTitleAndFooterContainer /
CELLSPACING=0;
end;
run;
ods listing close;
ods noptitle;
options nodate nonumber;
ods pdf file="d:\sample5.pdf" style=journal;
proc report data=sashelp.class nowd
/*style(column)={background=_undef_ }*/
style(report)={rules=all frame=box background=_undef_};
/*style(header)={background=_undef_}*/
/*style(summary)={htmlstyle="border-bottom:2px thick double green"};*/
column
sex
name
weight;
define age/"AGE" ;
define height/"Height" ;
define sex/"Sex" ;
define name/"Name";
define weight/"Weight" ;

run;
ods pdf close;

kumar
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When I zoom to 100%, the lines are mostly the same in appearance; when I zoom to 125%, they look the same thickness to me. When I print the PDF file, the lines all are the same, and, upon examination with a magnifying glass, I cannot detect a difference between the line thicknesses.

If you do not find this to be the case, then I suggest you work with Tech Support and possibly send them a fax of the printed PDF that shows the differing line thicknesses.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

i took a print out ........but i found a difference between Age column 11 and 14....there is a light line b/w 11 and 14..and remaining lines are bold......

kumar
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi can anyone looki into this problem and kindly let me know....if any one can solve this........the code is provided in this thread and the problem as well
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This is really an issue for Tech Support. To open a ticket with Tech Support, go to:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

They can look at your code, track their responses to you and help you come up with a resolution.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation