BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bruzugu
Calcite | Level 5

I need some help to decide which experimental design should I consider to analyze an experiment with Mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla) regeneration tree.

The main objective is to investigate the density of mahogany regeneration around the mother-tree in Amazonia forest. Was selected 20 trees (not randomized trees) and from each tree four oriented-strips (North, South, East, West) was installed with 5 meters x 40 meters long each. Into each plot the number of Mahogany regeneration was counted at sub-plot 5 meter away of each other (5-10; 15-20; 25-30; 35-40).

The idea is to investigate if theres a specific orientation where occur more regeneration and until wich distance they reach.

To consider the variation between trees I put the DBH into the statistical model as a covariate. Each tree has 16 treatments (four orientation  x four distance).

I run a Poisson in Glimmix of SAS (I had to sum 1 to each value because SAS was did not converge with zero values!)

PROC GLIMMIX DATA=MAHOGANY;

CLASS TREE ORIENT DIST;
MODEL NREG= ORIENT|DIST / DIST=POISSON LINK=LOG;
RANDOM TREE  DIST(TREE) ORIENT(TREE);
RUN;

QUIT;

However, I should consider the factor distance (DIST) as an dependent factor. So, I need to consider Spatial Correlation during the analysis.

I add the line:

RANDOM INTERCEPT / SUBJECT=TREE TYPE=SP(EXP)(DIST);

But SAS does not converge!

GL,I

There is some suggestion for analyzes?

Thiago

Which experimental design should I follow when analysing Mahogany tree regeneration? - ResearchGate. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/post/Which_experimental_design_should_I_follow_when_analysing_Mahogany_... [accessed Jun 18, 2015].

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation