BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tebunah
Calcite | Level 5

stepplot.jpg

Dear Community, sample_plot_expected.jpg

While trying to compute some step chart, I came across to the code listed below found in the SAS help documentation.

title "Stock Trend for IBM";
proc sgplot data=sashelp.stocks
  (where=(date >= "01jan2004"d and stock = "IBM"));
  step x=date y=close;
run;

The hand's drawing is the plot I would like to compute: the challenge appears to the visual aspect as the attribute on the y-axis will be ranked by order/ severity ascendant.

Please advise.

Thanks  in advance.

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

It may be time to clarify the question. Do you have a dataset you want to plot? If so, what does the data look like. You can follow instructions from this link: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... to make datastep code that can be pasted here for the variables of interest.

Or are you trying to get values from an existing graph?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

You may be looking for the annotate feature to draw lines at points decided by values in the data. BUT you will have to provide the code on how to select a point and then draw the horizontal and vertical unless you want the lines at each corner.

If you only want your values of interest then you would suppress the default axis statements and supply your values which might be easiest with the annotate.

Tebunah
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks ballardw, actually the lines are not required @ each corner. the dashes were to reference them from the other axis. However I wou
Tebunah
Calcite | Level 5
Sorry 😞 I would be interested in the annotation.
Did you mean renaming them ?
Thanks
ballardw
Super User

It may be time to clarify the question. Do you have a dataset you want to plot? If so, what does the data look like. You can follow instructions from this link: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... to make datastep code that can be pasted here for the variables of interest.

Or are you trying to get values from an existing graph?

Tebunah
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks ballardw, actually was trying to convert the numerical values from y-axis to categorical for visualization purpose. I used the 'proc format' to solve it. Many Thaanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation