BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasuser2011
Calcite | Level 5

Apologies for cross-posting

Hi,

I'm an amateur at SAS programming and I'm new to the topic of spline functions, and hope that someone might be able to help.

Let's say I have an unbalanced panel dataset. My dependent variable is Y, and I want to determine whether the linear and squared terms of performance below a certain reference point (x1, x1^2) and the linear and squared terms of performance above the reference point (x2, x2^2) affect Y. I understand that spline functions permit continuous relationships to join and change slopes at reference points called ‘knots’ (Greene, 2002). In my study, the knot is theoretically determined to be the status quo (i.e., zero). I would like to use fixed effects panel spline regression in my study.

Here are my questions:-

(1) I understand there are many spline procedures out there such as PROC NLIN, PROC TRANSREG, PROC LOESS, PROC TPSPLINE, AND PROC GAM. Which spline procedure is appropriate for my study?

(2) Does anyone know the SAS codes to get at the research question above? How do I incorporate the fixed effects component into spline functions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Elizabeth

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation