Help using Base SAS procedures

Setting up a SAS practice

Occasional Contributor

Setting up a SAS practice

Hi guys and girls i just recently got involved in a company trying to start off a new SAS practice, based on your experiences what would you say the prerequisites are for establishing a basic SAS setup within an organisation.
Super User

Re: Setting up a SAS practice

Posted in reply to chuckdee4
Since you give us to few details, it's hard to give any advice on this. If you are a consultancy, you may talk to someone on SAS partner program, are you a customer, contact your sales representative, or your Technical Account Manager if there exist one.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Some relative points which may apply: Define your expertise area, develop specific solution packages which can directly benefit an industry, organization and/or enterprise. Attempt to distinguish your own practice from others, focusing on how yours can deliver superior solutions, service, and within a defined time-period and budget limit. For many contracts, you may be required to secure sufficient insurance coverage - a cost that will need to be considered when you develop your delivery rates / schedules.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

P. S. Remember to reply posts only to the group for the benefit of all subscribers and for privacy considerations.
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks Linus and sbb, i have taken all the points into consideration, i am currently putting a document together and might be back for more details but thanks for the info supplied so far
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation