BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I have created a pdf report by using the proc report procedure and I have used the font as courier(hwpsl001).Please take a look into the following goptions used in this program,

%let fontnm=hwpsl001;
filename gsasfile "$SASREPORT/&rpttype.&Sysparm..ps";
goptions device=psl norotate
hpos=132 vpos=61
ftitle=&fontnm ftext=&fontnm
noprompt
gaccess=gsasfile gsfmode=replace gend='0D0A'X gsflen=80;

After that, I have converted the .ps file to .pdf

Problem: Requiring spaces between charcters in search facility on pdf report.

I have tried with the font hwpsl005(Arial),the search facility is working fine.But,the report structure is disturbing.

Can any one please help me on this issue.

Thanks&Regards,
Srinivas.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You said that you created a report using PROC REPORT and then you show a GSASFILE filename statement, such as you would use to create a graphic image from a SAS/Graph procedure (such as PROC GCHART, GPLOT, etc).

So, I'm a bit confused about whether you have a PROC REPORT output file or a SAS/Graph output image that you are using in your report (or both). I'm also not sure why you create a PostScript file (.ps) first and then distill the PS file to PDF. ODS can create a PDF file directly, by using this syntax:
[pre]
ods pdf file='somefile.pdf';
** proc report step;

** possible SAS/Graph step;
ods pdf close;
[/pre]

If you are NOT using PROC REPORT and you have a SAS/Graph program that you want to get into PDF form, then this Tech Support white paper is a great resource: http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts659/ts659.html

I'm also not sure what you mean by the "search facility on PDF report requires spaces" -- there is this note about performing text searches:
http://support.sas.com/kb/32/003.html

However, you may want to work with SAS Tech Support on this issue, as they can look at ALL your code, not just the filename and goptions statement and help you figure out the best solution.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia,

I am sorry.I posted the wrong information mistakenly. Please find the below program to create .ps file

filename gsasfile "$SASOUTPUT/&rpttype.&Sysparm..ps";
FileName Rpt1 "$SASTXT/&SysParm..lst";
FileName Rpt2 "$SASTXT/&Sysparm.EX.lst";

%let fontnm =hwpsl001; /*Courier font used on report*/
%let fontnm2=hwpsl005;

goptions reset=all;
goptions device=psll norotate
hpos=132 vpos=61
ftitle=&fontnm ftext=&fontnm
noprompt
gaccess=gsasfile gsfmode=replace gend='0D0A'X gsflen=80;
run;

proc gprint fileref=Rpt1;
title1 h=.5 ' ';
run;
GOPTIONS gaccess=gsasfile gsfmode=append gend='0D0A'X gsflen=80;

proc gprint fileref=Rpt2;
title1 h=.5 ' ';
run;

Once the .ps file has been created then we convert that .ps file to .pdf file by using distiller.

The problem in the pdf report is search facility on the pdf report is not working.If we give the spaces between the characters the it's working fine.

We thought that it might be a problem with font type and device.So, we have changed the font to "hwpsl005" then the search problem is not appearing, but the report structure is disturbing.

Could you please help me on this issue.

Thanks,
Srini
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This Tech Support note may be relevant to your issue:
http://support.sas.com/kb/32/003.html

Otherwise, I would not normally expect output from any of the SAS/Graph procedures to be searchable, as they create -images-. I'm not sure why you're using GPRINT on your LISTING reports, anyway. When I submit the program in this Tech Support note, my ODS PDF file is searchable and the output looks like LISTING output:
http://support.sas.com/kb/24/493.html

The advantage of using ODS directly is that I don't have to create a PS file and then distill the file using Adobe (which I don't have access to on all machines).

If you cannot use ODS directly, then I recommend that you open a track with Tech Support to find out whether anything produced with the SAS/Graph procedures should be searchable.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation