Help using Base SAS procedures

Script error when using SAS Help

Contributor

Has anyone encountered an Internet Explorer Script Error when trying to access SAS Help and Documentation?  The help page does not load correctly and a window repeatedly opens with this error message asking "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?".  A view refresh (F5) corrects the problem, but it isn't a good long term solution as I have to hit it whenever I navigate to a new help page.  Not sure if a Windows update is causing this or what.  Any help (with my help problem) would be greatly appreciated!!

Frequent Contributor

Super User
Super User

Yes. I had given up and have been using Chrome to browse the on line help pages. 

I just retested since they have upgraded my PC to IE 8 and it seems to be working now.

Contributor

I am using IE 8 and viewing the online help and documentation seems OK.  It's the html help files installed on my local pc that are causing the errors.  I attached a screenshot of the popup error window (somewhat legible).  In the background is how the help pages typically load.SASHelp_error.JPG

Contributor

Re: Script error when using SAS Help

Issue resolved.  Turns out it was a Windows/Internet Explorer problem.  The IT department got involved and corrected it.  Not 100% sure what all was involved, but I believe they had to re-install IE8.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation