BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
essoh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

i am a baby Sas user and just finish the set up on Sas university.As I am watching the video and want to practice the steps in the tutorial for instance the Proc print data steps and I choose Orion I get the message ststing that Orion libref is not assigned. I spent al,out two days trying to figure things out but stuck..when I intelled it I got the message saying Orion successfully installed but seem not to be getting my problem solved.

even when I try to restart the process don,t really know how to delete and restart the whole set up process can anyone help please ...without this I cannot continue the course since I feel something is missing and might encounter the same issue throughout the course

any help would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Please look in the Course Overview and Data Setup section in the main menu of the Programming 1 e-learning class. In that section, there are explicit instructions for how to set up your class using the SAS University Edition. Basically, in Task 1, you have to create a LIBNAME statement and run it. Then in Task 2, you need to copy and paste code into the editor window and run the code to make the data used in class. For example, in the attached screen shot, it shows the menu for the Course Overview section and the popup window with the instructions for the 2 tasks.

If you follow the directions and create a shared folder called ecprg193, under your /folders/myfolders shared folder location, then Task 1's code would be:

%let path=/folders/myfolders/ecprg193;

libname orion "&path";

Then after you submit the above code, in Task 2 (not shown in the screen shot) you have to click to open a window with the rest of the instructions. A popup window will open, you need to do a Ctrl+A to select all the code. Then you need to do a Ctrl+C to copy the code. Then you navigate to SAS Studio and do a Ctrl+V in an editor window to paste the code. Then you need to run the code. Assuming you have defined your LIBNAME correctly, the program should run and make all the data files you need for the Programming 1 class.

cynthia

prg1_new_setup_sas_studio.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Reeza
Super User

What video's are you watching that reference ORION?

essoh
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Reeza I solved my problem for now and it is running..I was watching Programming 1 Video

Reeza
Super User

Mark the question Assumed Answer please Smiley Happy

essoh
Calcite | Level 5

Done thanks again

ANWESH69
Calcite | Level 5

HAI ESSOH cn u please let me know how u got resolve with ur issue whic i was also facing................

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Please look in the Course Overview and Data Setup section in the main menu of the Programming 1 e-learning class. In that section, there are explicit instructions for how to set up your class using the SAS University Edition. Basically, in Task 1, you have to create a LIBNAME statement and run it. Then in Task 2, you need to copy and paste code into the editor window and run the code to make the data used in class. For example, in the attached screen shot, it shows the menu for the Course Overview section and the popup window with the instructions for the 2 tasks.

If you follow the directions and create a shared folder called ecprg193, under your /folders/myfolders shared folder location, then Task 1's code would be:

%let path=/folders/myfolders/ecprg193;

libname orion "&path";

Then after you submit the above code, in Task 2 (not shown in the screen shot) you have to click to open a window with the rest of the instructions. A popup window will open, you need to do a Ctrl+A to select all the code. Then you need to do a Ctrl+C to copy the code. Then you navigate to SAS Studio and do a Ctrl+V in an editor window to paste the code. Then you need to run the code. Assuming you have defined your LIBNAME correctly, the program should run and make all the data files you need for the Programming 1 class.

cynthia

prg1_new_setup_sas_studio.png
essoh
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Cynthia and Reeza for taking the time to answer my question..I have been enjoying the course for some time now.Thanks Again

essoh
Calcite | Level 5

Dear ANwesh69

I don't know if you got your problem solved but please follow Cynthia's post and you should be fine.When I was stuck I just deleted the whole software and started over again and got it right the second time.

Good luck

AndrewHowell

Firstly, is there any chance we could use vaguely intelligible expressions (what does "when I intelled it" mean?!?), maybe double-check spelling & typos before posting? The quicker we can understand the request, the more rapidly we can try to help.

Are you sure about the "Orion successfully installed" message? Orion is a collection of SAS files on the file system; there's nothing really to "install" (so I'm uncertain why you want to "delete and restart the whole set up process" again).

If you referring to the Orion library being assigned in SAS, perhaps it's not being automatically re-assigned when you restart SAS. Could I suggest attempting a manual libname statement, and if the assignment fails, check the SYSLIBRC macro variable value, which may help determine the cause of the failure.

Either way, if you could post logs of what you are executing, that would really help.

essoh
Calcite | Level 5

Andrew

I apologize for my mistake.Mistakes happen and there are intelligent ways to point them out. This questions has been answered.If SAS Institute can print thousands of book filled with typos then allow me to be human.I saw them after posting my question and could  not  correct them. My problem is not pointing out the mistake but the way it is being pointed out..

Again sorry if you couldn't get my point.Will do a much better job the next time

Cheers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation