BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
UrvishShah
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Can anyone please give me the answers of the following questions ?

Name statements that are recognized at compile time only?

Identify statements whose placement in the DATA step is critical.

Name statements that function at both compile and execution time.

Name statements that are execution only.

Thanks

Urvish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

UrvishShah wrote:

Hi All,

Can anyone please give me the answers of the following questions ? My answers are not completly correct, perhaps not even close.

Name statements that are recognized at compile time only? KEEP DROP RENAME. forgot some ATTRIB LABEL FORMAT INFORMAT

Identify statements whose placement in the DATA step is critical. All of them in one way or another.  Or maybe all except KEEP DROP RENAME since as I recall they don't add variables to the PDV.

Name statements that function at both compile and execution time. FILE INFILE

Name statements that are execution only. I would say none since all statements must be compiled.  For example an assignment statement can both declare a variable and assign it a value at exectuion.  But maybe the question is looking for things like DO IF etc.

Thanks

Urvish

Message was edited by: data _null_

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

UrvishShah wrote:

Hi All,

Can anyone please give me the answers of the following questions ? My answers are not completly correct, perhaps not even close.

Name statements that are recognized at compile time only? KEEP DROP RENAME. forgot some ATTRIB LABEL FORMAT INFORMAT

Identify statements whose placement in the DATA step is critical. All of them in one way or another.  Or maybe all except KEEP DROP RENAME since as I recall they don't add variables to the PDV.

Name statements that function at both compile and execution time. FILE INFILE

Name statements that are execution only. I would say none since all statements must be compiled.  For example an assignment statement can both declare a variable and assign it a value at exectuion.  But maybe the question is looking for things like DO IF etc.

Thanks

Urvish

Message was edited by: data _null_

UrvishShah
Fluorite | Level 6

thanks

you are always so conceptually clear and ready to give any  answers in SAS.

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

UrvishShah wrote:

you are always so conceptually clear

That makes me laugh because most folks are all like "What did he say?"

UrvishShah wrote:

and ready to give any  answers in SAS.

Yes even if they are wrong :smileymischief:

Ksharp
Super User

"Name statements that are execution only."

%include is such statement , which wouldn't compile . it executed immediately .So you want execute some macro code, it is a good choice.

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation