Help using Base SAS procedures

SAS Proc format color - How to compare value and assign color to different variable in ODS

Occasional Contributor

SAS Proc format color - How to compare value and assign color to different variable in ODS

Hello,

I am preparing a PROC Format and creating colors based on the values on that particular value.

Please let me know how to compare different variable and assign the colour to a variable.

PROC FORMAT;

VALUE MY_SCRATVOl

00001 - 00250 = RED

00251 - 10000 = YELLOW

10001 -  HIGH = WHITE

RUN;

PROC PRINT    DATA=POOLCNT_VCL SPLIT='*' NOOBS LABEL                

STYLE(HEADER OBSHEADER)  = {BACKGROUNDCOLOR=GREY COLOR=WHITE   

FONTWEIGHT=BOLD TEXTALIGN=CENTER } 

STYLE(OBS DATA) = {BACKGROUNDCOLOR=WHITE COLOR=BLACK           

TEXTALIGN=CENTER }        ;

ID  COMPLIB LPAR

VAR SCRATVOL / STYLE={FONT_WEIGHT=BOLD BACKGROUND=MY_SCRATVOL} ;

Thanks,

Sathish

Trusted Advisor

Re: SAS Proc format color - How to compare value and assign color to different variable in ODS

Posted in reply to sathishthangamani

I found the below link, thought would be helpful to you.

http://support.sas.com/kb/23/353.html

Thanks,

Jagadish

Thanks,
Jag
Super User

Re: SAS Proc format color - How to compare value and assign color to different variable in ODS

It may be as simple as missing the period at the end of the MY_SCRATVOL format, should read MY_SCRATVOL. otherwise SAS is looking for a known specific color with that name and most likely not finding it.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for you responses. Yes the period at the end will fix this.

I will brief a bit...

I have two variables SCRATVOl & SCRATTHR.

I want to color SCRATVOL variable by comparing against SCRATTHR and mark the color in RED, YELLOW, WHITE for SCRATVOL.

Please let me know if ity is possible.

Thanks, Sathish

Super User

You can but you do need proc report I think. Just change the condition in the calculate column as per the example linked to in post above.

Occasional Contributor

It really worked, still trying to get the Multiple observation into one row... having difficult times... any advise would be appreciated.

Super User

Time to show what you want the output to look like. "Multiple observation into one row" is not intuitively obvious what the desired output may be.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation