BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
juliennel
Calcite | Level 5

I recently completed the Base SAS Programming and Advanced SAS Programming for SAS 9 certifications, what should I do next?

8 REPLIES 8
RaviKommuri
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi juliennel,

I would like to give my Base SAS certification exam.

Could you please guide me.

What are the books you have followed and any dumps or any practice test?

Please help me...

Thank you in advance.

juliennel
Calcite | Level 5

HI,

I used the Certification Prep Guide book from SAS, worked through each chapter and did all the exercises in the book.

Best of luck!

Julien.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

What is the question?  Are you looking to work with SAS in a specific industry, then maybe look at the technologies which are used in that industry.  Otherwise apply to some roles, look on job sites etc.

juliennel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi RW9,

I work in Advanced Analytics for a telecomms company, I want to make sure I keep up to date with software that is important in the predictive modelling industry.

Not sure if I should give SAS a rest and do perhaps a certification on Oracle SQL or maybe something else.. Do you have anything to recommend that has commercial value?

Regards,

Julien.

Reeza
Super User

If you're interested in Predictive Modelling consider the Analytic certification as well as the SAS Enterprise Miner Certifications.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I only recommend the Predictive Modeler using SAS Enterprise Miner certification (SAS Global Certification program PM page ) if you have Enterprise Miner available at work or school for practice purposes. The EM software does NOT come with the e-learning and there is no way to practice without using your work or school copy of EM. And, to pass the exam, you have to use Enterprise Miner to answer the exam questions.

On the other hand, you can practice for the SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst certification (SAS Global Certification program SBA page) with the SAS University Edition (because it has SAS and SAS/STAT) and the only courses recommended as preparation are: Statistics 1 (free as e-learning) and Predictive Modeling using Logistic Regression course.

cynthia

Vikesh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Cynthia,

I have used e-learning certification material from SAS in past and it's been excellent .I have used Enterprise Guide for Academics for practicing the learning.My next target is clearing 'Predictive Modeling using Enterprise Miner' certification.I have been preparing for this through recommended e-learning course and practising it with Academic version of E-miner (13.2) .Just wanted to understand if it would be any different for me using SAS E-miner in exam when i have practiced through academic version. i have n't really found any thing different except the fact that academic version includes all the datasets .

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It is my understanding that you will use Enterprise Miner to take the exam and answer the case study/analytic questions. The exam has been designed to be appropriate for candidates even if they have practiced on EM 7.1, for example or EM 13.1, for example.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation