BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

hi all,

i am using sas 9.3. (foundation) i have also sas eg 5.1. i have created couple of base and odbc libraries from sas mc on sas server. sas eg is working great with metadata server and all but i wants to conenct sas base (Foundation 9.3) to metadata server (remote machine) so that i can access all the base libraries that i have created on server. I can connect odbc libraries by using "libname" statement, userid and psw. but when i wants to connect to base library by using libname statement its giving me error as follow.

libname sandip base 'd:\pdata\sandip';

ERROR: Libname SANDIP not available for use.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

***here, d:\pdata\sandip' is the physical path for library "sandip" on server***

****if i use sas base (foundation 9.3) on the server then it works fine***

***but not working from client/local  machine***

9 REPLIES 9
sassharp
Calcite | Level 5

libname should be 8 characters long only

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

libname is "sandip"

thanks

sassharp
Calcite | Level 5

did you ASSIGN the library from metadata side?

When you right click on the library in EG you see assign. Choose assign.

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

i have all the library as "preassigned"

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

because on your local machine d: is probably defined as something else, try using UNC ir \\servername\d$ or something like that...

also why do you want to access a server library from local?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

A couple of things to check out:

1) In Management Console ensure that the server being assigned to the library is your SAS Compute server, usually called SASApp (don't assign to your meta data server).

2) Confirm in the Authorisation tab of your library definition that your userid is in one of the user groups that has permission to read this library.

Ksharp
Super User

Your libname looks like not right.

LIBNAME MYLIB META library="Oracle Library" server="sasbi.demo.sas.com" port="8561" user="sasbi\sas" password=XXXXXXXXXX ;

Ksharp

Prit
Calcite | Level 5

There is separate licence available to access PC based files.

If you have that licence to access PC based file then you should able to connect to PC based files.

-Prit

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

re reading your question " sas eg is working great with metadata server and all but i wants to conenct sas base (Foundation 9.3) to metadata serveryour base sas needs to know about the metadata server etc,

You'll need something like

/* Create metadata macro variables */
%let metaPort       = %nrquote(8561);
%let metaServer     = %nrquote(servername);

/* Set metadata options */
options metaport       = &metaPort
        metaserver     = "&metaServer";

Then you can do a libname using libname libref META library = ....;

Barry

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 in conversation