BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
First, thank you very much for your comments to my last post, they were very helpful! Second, after I find the differences, which is my independent and which is my dependent variable?? Do I just create a column of all ones and call that my independent variable and then the difference column is the dependent variable?? Thanks!!!!
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You said earlier that you had paired data on two independent samples. "Independent" means separable or distinct (like males and females or two drug treatments in a clinical trial), so you should have an indicator variable that demarks the two independent samples.

The dependent variable is the difference score.

If you are looking for a non-parametric ONE-way test of location, then you can do it in SAS/Analyst, but it is a pain in the butt. The test is called a Wilcoxon Signed Rank test (and is part of PROC UNIVARIATE in base SAS). You can read an introductory non-parametric statistics book to see how to do the analysis by hand and then reproduce those steps in SAS/Analyst. You are probably better off using a different tool than SAS/Analyst.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation