Help using Base SAS procedures

SAS Analyst Part 2

N/A

SAS Analyst Part 2

First, thank you very much for your comments to my last post, they were very helpful! Second, after I find the differences, which is my independent and which is my dependent variable?? Do I just create a column of all ones and call that my independent variable and then the difference column is the dependent variable?? Thanks!!!!
Trusted Advisor

Re: SAS Analyst Part 2

Posted in reply to deleted_user
You said earlier that you had paired data on two independent samples. "Independent" means separable or distinct (like males and females or two drug treatments in a clinical trial), so you should have an indicator variable that demarks the two independent samples.

The dependent variable is the difference score.

If you are looking for a non-parametric ONE-way test of location, then you can do it in SAS/Analyst, but it is a pain in the butt. The test is called a Wilcoxon Signed Rank test (and is part of PROC UNIVARIATE in base SAS). You can read an introductory non-parametric statistics book to see how to do the analysis by hand and then reproduce those steps in SAS/Analyst. You are probably better off using a different tool than SAS/Analyst.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation