Help using Base SAS procedures

SAS 9.2

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS 9.2

Hey there !

Please, did someone know some kind of procedures (proc) equivalent of proc model and of proc iml in sas 9.2 ?

These proc don't exist in sas 9.2.

Many thanks !

Regards

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-22-2017 08:13 AM
Super User

Re: SAS 9.2

Simple answer: no.

Since the data step language can be (or is) considered to be turing-complete, you could try to recreate the functionality of these procedures by extended data step programming, but I'd say the effort is not worth it, rather have the necessary modules licensed. Since you will have to upgrade to 9.4 soon anyway, I'd use that point in time to review/expand your license.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

[ Edited ]

This is not version-specific. You need to have SAS/IML and SAS/ETS licensed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

Thanks!

I wanted to say, does others proc make the same job in sas 9.2 ?

Regards

Solution
‎06-22-2017 08:13 AM
Super User

Simple answer: no.

Since the data step language can be (or is) considered to be turing-complete, you could try to recreate the functionality of these procedures by extended data step programming, but I'd say the effort is not worth it, rather have the necessary modules licensed. Since you will have to upgrade to 9.4 soon anyway, I'd use that point in time to review/expand your license.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation