BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jackice
Calcite | Level 5

I got this box plot created with pre proc sor data:

proc sgplot data=weight;
VBOX weightgain /category=orientation group=box;
run;

Category=orientation, sorted by Proc Sort alphabetically is East, North, South West and shows as is on VBOX Xaxis 

Is there an easy statement / options in Proc GPLOT VBOX to re-order my char category as West, East, South, North on Xaxis?  without involving creating another data set? 

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Possibly

xaxis values=('West' 'East' 'South' 'North' );

The values have to be as in the actual dataset for case.

jackice
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks! work like a charm to reorder the char on taxis but if I code it as below it doesn’t pull out the box plot anymore, it does a plot with an empty plan white square …

proc sgplot data=weight;
VBOX weightgain /category=box group=orientation;
xaxis values=('West' 'East' 'South' 'North' );
run;

getting closer but not quite yet???

ballardw
Super User

Since graphs are data dependent, sometimes in funny ways it is hard to diagnose without data. Can you post your data? https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... has instructions on created data step text code that can be pasted here to recreate you data set.

jackice
Calcite | Level 5
I have attached a csv last week in this forum have you seen it?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation