BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FightingIllini
Calcite | Level 5

Hey All,

I have a data set stored locally on my computer that I would like to send to a remote server. I have code that connects me to the remote server in a Unix enviroment.  I am trying to use rsubmit along with proc upload to copy my data set into a library on the sever. The problem I have is I don't know the names of specific libraries on the server.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

As long as you have permission to do so, yes. A library is simply a directory/folder. Create your folder on your server first and then map to it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

If it's a SAS server you can find the libnames that exist already:

rsubmit;

proc sql;

select distinct libname from sashelp.vtable;

quit;

FightingIllini
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the response Reeza. Do you know if there is a way to create a new library on the server as well?

Reeza
Super User

As long as you have permission to do so, yes. A library is simply a directory/folder. Create your folder on your server first and then map to it.

FightingIllini
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the help Reeza. I realized I could also just use the work library too.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation