BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chandler
Fluorite | Level 6
I see a lot of SAS documentation on how to create a view, and efficiency and etc. etc., but nothing on syntax to just read the view to create a subset dataset for a report.

I have access to a library of data from another department. In that library is a view, already created, and updated each month. I just need data from that view to create a subset that will be used for reporting purposes. I don't want to create the reports directly from that view, for safety and data integrity purposes and to prevent errors or overrwriting data.

I want to write a data step to place the data from that view into a dataset in another library as follows:

data mylib.acls_curr ;
set loan.Month_end_data ; /** NOTE: "month_end_data" is an existing view **/
run;

Someone, please help me with the syntax.
2 REPLIES 2
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Chandler,

I do not see any problems with your code. Views are used the same way as datasets. The difference is in creation of a view (namely in the data stetement):
[pre]
data a/view=a;
x=1;
output;
run;
[/pre]
Sincerely,
SPR
chandler
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks, SPR, for your quick response. I will proceed with my data step code, as is.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation