BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MMozel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SAS experts,

I have a listing of paired subjects that need to be randomly assigned to one of two treatments groups.  I'm sure this is a pretty simple task but PROC PLAN doesn't seem to account for the paired structure of my data.  To be clear, for each pair (A1/A2. B1/B2, etc...) I need to assign one to treatment group #1 and the other to treatment group #2.  Please see attached pdf for a visual description of what I'm trying to do. I'm running SAS 9.4

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Michelle

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

The image in your PDF isn't very helpful. It appears as if you have every pair assigned to both treatments.

Provide some starting data in the form of a data step so we can see what actual variables you have, their names and types, and what you might expect as output.

Things that are important are do you have a single variable that identifies the "pairs"? or a single variable that we have to guess which "pair" is made from or two or more variables?

MMozel
Calcite | Level 5

I have 13 experimental pairs and need to generate a randomization scheme to assign one member of each pair to either the  intervention group or control group.

Currently all I have in my dataset:

SubstratumParticipant
AA1
 A2
BB1
 B2
CC1
 C2

MM1
 M2

The output should be a third column with randomly generated intervention or control assignment.

thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation