BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AllSoEasy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello guys,

So I am estimating a series of models with PROC Autoreg, and then I'm trying to build a summary table with some statistics/parameter estimates of each estimated model; and so I'd like to be able to add R^2/AIC and the various statistics output from Autoreg into this data table. The issue I'm having is I can only find a way to see these statistics in the Results-SAS Report, and not output as a sas dataset. I'm aware of the method of exporting these SAS-Report tables via "ods output" statement; i.e. to get the Durbin-H statistic into a dataset from the SAS-Report I use:

ods output "Miscellaneous Statistics" = durbinh;

And this works successfully, however when I try the same method for the mentioned statistics via:

ods output "Ordinary Least Squares Estimates" = stat_out;

No dataset is produced, and so I'm not sure why this method won't work for that table inparticular. Am I doing something wrong, or does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

Thank you!!

-Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

There is in the online documentation a section titled

ODS Table Names and the SAS/ETS Procedures That Produce Them

at least in my 9.2 install that displays the names of the tables and in some cases the specific options that generate the tables in Proc Autoreg.

None of those listed have a description of "ordinary least squares estimates" so anything further I would be guessing.

Run your code with ODS Trace On; before the procedure and Off afterwards to get the table names created by your code.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You want to check the documentation for the names of the tables. It looks like you may be using a title from output and that may not always be an acceptable description.

If you are trying to capture data from the DW= option that you want the DWTest table.

Otherwise you may have to go the ODS trace route to determine which tables are being generated with your code.

AllSoEasy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello ballardw -- Thank you for response. I'm just a bit unclear on what you mean; you're saying the name of the table may not actually be the name printed in the output?

-Also it is not from a dw= option, is a default output table from Autoreg "Ordinary Least Squares Estimates".

ballardw
Super User

There is in the online documentation a section titled

ODS Table Names and the SAS/ETS Procedures That Produce Them

at least in my 9.2 install that displays the names of the tables and in some cases the specific options that generate the tables in Proc Autoreg.

None of those listed have a description of "ordinary least squares estimates" so anything further I would be guessing.

Run your code with ODS Trace On; before the procedure and Off afterwards to get the table names created by your code.

AllSoEasy
Obsidian | Level 7

Gahhhh that's it! The underlying table was named "Fit Summary".

Many thanks Ballardw!!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation