Help using Base SAS procedures

Programs in Windows Sched. Task very slow since upgrade to 9.2

Occasional Contributor

Programs in Windows Sched. Task very slow since upgrade to 9.2

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but it's worth a try. Our programs (SAS 9.2,Windows 2003 Server) are running extremely slow in the task scheduler since we upgraded. I changed all of the .bat files to reference the new version, but it's taking twice as long to run the jobs. Any ideas?
Trusted Advisor

Re: Programs in Windows Sched. Task very slow since upgrade to 9.2

Have you tried to run the .bat files from the CMD prompt? It may not be the task scheduler but some pointer in the batch file itself. Sometimes M$ can have pointers that need to time out to go to the next step.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Also, you will want to debug this condition by documenting CPU and elapsed time for your "scheduled" and "command-prompt" initiated jobs (SAS log info with FULLSTIMER) to start. And, also, ensure that no other environment changes have been made, if you determine that both types of initiated-job result in the slow execution symptom.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Occasional Contributor

I will give the suggestions a try. Thansk...
Occasional Contributor

No improvements thus far.

I think it has something to do with the upgrade to 9.2. The performance is just not good in general. Multiple tasks are taking double and sometimes 3times as long as with 9.1.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Suggest you share some specifics (SAS log outputs, before and after - with FULLSTIMER) or contact SAS Tech Support as a next-step.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation