BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hypermonkey2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I've been using the following code to produce frequency counts and percentages of Yes responses for a series of binary questions on a survey (contained in "dataset").

proc tabulate data=dataset;

var _NUMERIC_;

table _NUMERIC_,n='Count' sum='Number of ones' mean= 'Percent ones'*f=percent10.2;

run;

How can i only select certain survey questions (variables) and present them neatly in table form, say, in Word, without manually transcribing everything?

I'd love to learn about different ways to do this, since I expect to need to run this for numerous data sets.

Many thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

I'd suggest figuring out how to get the data you want in SAS using proc tabulate first.

To get your data to Word you can use ODS RTF. To specify only questions of interest you could put the variables in the table list rather than _numeric_.

For example:

ods rtf file="C:\temp\test.rtf" style=meadow;

*I'm not sure this proc tabulate code would actually work;

proc tabulate data=dataset;

var var_1 var_2;

table var_1 var_2, n='Count' sum='Number of ones' mean= 'Percent ones'*f=percent10.2;

run;

ods rtf close;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation