BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gabon
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to compute column percentages and total percentages for my data. The problem is, proc freq gets correct results, but not the desired table layout, with proc tabulate I can get desired layout but slightly different column percentages results, how is this possible? Can someone advise me how to adjust my proc tabulate to get the same column percentages and total percentages as my proc freq?

My data step is the same for both procedures:

data work.subset1;

set library.database

where HS01 between 1 and 5;

keep pid AGE sex WGT HS01;

run;

My proc freq step and output:

proc freq data=work.subset1;

tables HS01*(sex AGE)/nofreq norow;

weight WGT;

format HS01 sbjzdravie. sex pohlavie. AGE vek.;

run;

output7.jpg

My proc tabulate step with the same data step.. and output:

proc tabulate data=work.subset1;

class HS01 sex AGE;

table (HS01 all)*f=5.1, (all sex)*(colpctn)*f=5.1 AGE*colpctn*f=5.1;

weight WGT;

format HS01 sbjzdravie. sex pohlavie. AGE vek.;

run;

output8.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabon
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks! Looked at the documentation, and apparently weight statements for each procedure has slightly different use. In proc freq weight statement it is used for multiplication of observations for counts, whereas in proc tabulate it is used for computation of weighted statistics like mean, variance etc. For the same use as in proc freq, you have to use freq statement in proc tabulate, that will get the same results. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Look at the documentation of the WEIGHT statement for each proc - specifically the defaults.

gabon
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks! Looked at the documentation, and apparently weight statements for each procedure has slightly different use. In proc freq weight statement it is used for multiplication of observations for counts, whereas in proc tabulate it is used for computation of weighted statistics like mean, variance etc. For the same use as in proc freq, you have to use freq statement in proc tabulate, that will get the same results. Smiley Happy

Maggie
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Gabon,

Could you please show how you specified FREQ freq statement in proc tabulate? I am stuggling with exact same problem here. My proc tabulate reqult is diff from that of proc freq.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation