Help using Base SAS procedures

Proc export to xlsb always opens to the last row and it looks like sheet is empty

Super Contributor

Proc export to xlsb always opens to the last row and it looks like sheet is empty

I'm doing the following proc export on a SAS 9.3 64-bit TS1M0 server version.  I'm using the pc file server.  I was unable to create an xlsx file so I read that it has to be an xlsb file.  But when it generates it always goes to the last row of data but you can't see that row.  I have to scroll up to see any data at all.  Is there an option to correct this? proc export data = test             outfile="d\test.xlsb" replace dbms=excelcs ; run; Thank you

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Proc export to xlsb always opens to the last row and it looks like sheet is empty

Hi:

I don't understand why it "has to be an xlsb file" -- when I run the code in the screen shot to make an XLS file, using SAS 9.4, I get an XLS file. I don't "have" to make it XLSB. But if you find that there are problems making an XLSB file, you might want to work with Tech Support. For example, this Tech Support note 40597 - The SAS® PC Files Server engine ignores the FILENAME statement even though the SAS® log indi... shows the creation of .XLSB files in the sample code, but it doesn't say that XLSB is the ONLY file type that you "have to" create.

cynthia

proc_export_excelcs.png
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation